Hicksons is one of Australia’s leading insurance practices, representing major Australian and overseas insurers, including Lloyd’s syndicates.
Insurers need legal advisers with the expertise and experience to deliver clear, commercial advice, services and solutions, who consistently produce great results faster.
At Hicksons, our team of committed, energetic and creative professionals cares about success and, in a highly regulated and competitive Australian insurance market, strives to meet the commercial necessity to reduce costs by swiftly managing claims to resolution.
With more than 50 years’ sector experience, our team has a specialist understanding of the insurance industry and the trends that impact our clients’ businesses.
Our track record includes acting on successful landmark cases and being recognised by our clients for the value we provide, the results achieved and our sensitivity to their commercial relationships.
Our experience and support for clients spans the range of insurance classes and lines, including:
- construction and engineering;
- financial risks;
- professional indemnity;
- property, fire and industrial special risks;
- public liability;
- product liability;
- speciality lines;
- motor and heavy motor;
- medical malpractice;
- government risks;
- life risk; and
- employer liability.
We also assist by providing:
- advice on policy coverage;
- policy drafting;
- advice on co-insurance and reinsurance treaty arrangements;
- recovery actions;
- alternative dispute resolution services, including mediations, arbitrations and settlement conferences;
- advice on insurance provisions in commercial agreements, transaction structures and financial instruments;
- advice on risk management issues arising from the contractual arrangements;
- advice on commercial arrangements with brokers and identifying ways to add value to those broker relationships; and
- assistance in responding to the financial ombudsman service.