Hicksons procurement services team ensures clients’ procurement activities are undertaken in a well-defined, ethical and transparent way, following best practice and consistent with all policies.
We apply a rigorous and robust project management approach
to all procurement projects we are involved in and tasks are assigned between relevant project parties at an early stage with clear instructions and scope.
This results in:
- greater confidence in the process;
- increased participation;
- improved quality of tender responses;
- less time to negotiate and award contract; and
- better outcomes for our clients.
We’re a team of creative thinkers and strategists who always act in clients’ best interests, ensuring that creativity, flexibility, understanding and thorough analysis lead to better outcomes.
We have extensive experience acting on probity, governance and procurement matters for a range of clients at state and commonwealth levels providing advice on:
- probity – oversight, developing probity plans and documentation and presenting to stakeholders, auditing procurement process and providing advice on probity issues;
- procurement – compliance with procurement policies and guidelines, advising on procurement strategy and methodologies, developing request documentation, structuring procurement processes, procurement training and resolving procurement issues;
- tenders – advice on evaluating tenders, negotiation support and stakeholder management, contract formation and management and post negotiation support; and
- risk management.
Each of our key people have attended individual project management training courses and many of our team are also Harvard-trained negotiators.
We ask the right questions, get the right information and take the right actions in response.
Critically, our methods look to eliminate all unnecessary steps and handling, eliminate duplications and make use of clients’ in-house expertise, creating sustainable value from procurement activities while managing costs.