By thinking beyond today’s issues, we can identify opportunities for improving clients’ results and performance.
We help clients to run a successful operation and stay ahead of the competition
, balancing legal obligations in an environment where regulatory frameworks are fast evolving.
The key to consistently achieving successful outcomes for our clients is our collaborative approach, working with our clients to reduce risks and provide certainty
, listening to give clear and timely advice and always acting with integrity and sensitivity.
We understand the pressures of business and government
, and are practical people with real-world experience and deep expertise, including many who are Harvard-trained negotiators
and are able to bring their international experience to both the firm and its clients.
Private and publicly listed companies and public sector
organisations seek our advice and assistance with issues such as:
- general business advice;
- buying and selling a business or major asset;
- raising funds for clients businesses;
- business and corporate structure;
- underwriting and venture capital;
- corporate governance;
- interpreting and complying with regulatory requirements, including corporate governance;
- dealing with competition and restrictive trade practices issues (including applications to the ACCC for informal merger clearance and authorisations);
- securing and managing intellectual property assets; and
- determining exit strategies, restructuring, management and leveraged buyouts and trade sales.
With total deal value
of transactions advised on in the past two years exceeding $750 million
, our experience includes agribusiness, banking and finance, building and construction, education
, food production and supply; government
, insolvency, insurance
, liquor licensing, manufacturing, mining, resources and energy
, pharmaceuticals, power, product distribution, property development
, retail, technology, and transport