Hicksons values and respects the personal relationship that exists between a client and their family or intended beneficiaries. In private issues such as estate planning, wills or property matters, we are practical people with real-world experience and deep expertise. Our understanding of your unique situation shapes the solutions we develop.
Estate planning and the preparation of wills can be an emotional and intricate operation.
Our team assists our private clients in passing on assets in the manner they wish and supports clients to navigate all complexities such as:
- blended family situations;
- specific wishes for family members;
- devising appropriate safeguards for family members with a disability or who are not ready to receive their inheritance
- protecting a family member’s inheritance from a future marriage, divorce or bankruptcy; and
- managing avoidable taxes and duties.
In the event of the death of a loved one or if you find yourself as the executor of a will, Hicksons experienced team has dealt with everything from small estates to estates worth over $100 million.
We assist clients with applications for a grant of probate and letters of administration, have experience in obtaining grants in unusual circumstances and also guide clients through the administration of estates.
Our private client services extend to the practicalities, pitfalls and complexities of property law and we work closely with clients to develop, negotiate and document deals, guiding them through issues arising in property transactions to create ongoing sustainable value.
Our team is experienced in:
- mortgages, refinances and private loans;
- retail, commercial and industrial leasing;
- development agreements;
- agency agreements;
- boundary disputes, including tree and dividing fence disputes;
- the sale and purchase of commercial, residential, off the plan properties, industrial and rural properties, shopping centres and motels;
- the purchase and sale of water licences;
- the transfer of liquor and gaming licences; and
- the purchase and sale of businesses.