Innovative, progressive and quick-to-adapt strategies are critical in the rapidly changing world of information and communication technology.
Hicksons leading team of information technology lawyers and support staff is able to give businesses, organisations and government
a competitive edge
and ability to plan sustainably for the future through their commercial contracting expertise and deep understanding of the information technology sector.
From multimillion-dollar projects
where our skills can identify extensive savings in time and money to smaller clients who need our expertise to negotiate complex IT contracts and systems, our team of creative thinkers and strategists always act in their clients’ best interests
In information technology projects, time is of the essence
and our lawyers are able to identify issues which will affect the financial outcomes of projects. They develop unique milestones to enable projects to start sooner with reduced risk exposure, contract uncertainty and legal spending.
We are able to quickly identify
the key commercial imperatives
of an information technology deal and our clients often have specific needs which require the selected vendor to customise its service for existing systems and processes.
Organisations seek our advice and assistance on:
- outsourcing and managed services;
- hardware acquisition, ranging from contracts for PCs and notebooks valued at $250 million through to servers, routers and switches for data centre infrastructure;
- software solution development projects, including on SAP platforms;
- telecommunication services advising on data and voice (fixed and mobile) across copper, fibre, mobile, microwave and satellite;
- the full range of software licences from enterprise licences to individual site licences, software maintenance and support contracts; and
- “as-a-service” cloud services including software as a service and infrastructure as a service - we have extensive and specific experience advising the NSW government on cloud services. The team negotiated some of the first Office 365 contracts for the NSW government and continues to provide advice to NSW government agencies on cloud services contracts, including for SAP, Oracle and Adobe.
From strategy through to implementation and management, Hicksons has experience negotiating with some of most significant vendors, including Telstra, Optus, Microsoft, Google, SAP, Oracle, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, HP, IBM, WIPRO, Adobe, and Fuji Xerox, and we can work with vendors to customise their services
to work within our clients’ systems and processes.
Our extensive knowledge on, and experience with, information and communications technology projects involving a wide range of innovative products and solutions ensures we create efficiently and effectively sustainable value by focusing on requirements, maximising opportunities, minimising risks and developing workable solutions with lasting benefits.