The rise of the digital world has brought with it a range of cyber risks which have now become an inevitable part of life for the private sector, government entities and individuals alike.
Mitigating cyber risks requires expert advice, proactive management, and effective, efficient incident response.
Hicksons’ Cyber Risk Team provides clients with the tools, advice and support needed to respond to the evolving regulatory and legislative requirements, while successfully managing and mitigating cyber risk with minimal interruption to organisational operations.
Our Cyber Risk Team can assist across the range of issues, including:
- providing “incident response” services in response to cyber incidents
- acting as a “breach coach” for clients impacted by cyber incidents
- complying with legislation, including mandatory notification requirements pursuant to the Notifiable Data Breach scheme under the Privacy Act 1988, Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018
- advising on compliance with privacy obligations
- managing cyber risks in supply chains, including procurement processes and ensuring contracts for suppliers have appropriate protections
- litigation arising from cyber incidents
- advising on insurance policy wording and claims coverage
- providing practical advice in complying with cyber legislation, regulation and industry specific guidelines, including privacy and data protection requirements
- advising board directors on their duties and obligations in managing cyber risks