Unearth Your Potential @ Hicksons
Be Curious. Be Empowered. Be Inspired.
We recognise that diverse, innovative thinking builds on our business, strengthens our client serviceability and increases our people engagement.
We are committed to creating the next generation of leaders that are curious, empowered and inspired to reach their potential and flourish in their roles.
Our Graduate Program provides a collaborative, energetic and supportive environment where you can grow, develop and succeed. We will work with you to align the program to your career ambitions and interests, and support your progression pathway at Hicksons.
Our Graduate Program commences in March and runs over a 12-month period, where each Graduate will undertake a rotation across different practice groups in our Sydney and Newcastle offices.
Tailored to your future career goals, we offer two specific Graduate streams, across our insurance litigation and commercial transactional practice groups. We support flexibility and want to give you the best experience, with opportunities to rotate through both of our locations.
For more details and to apply for the 2024 Graduate program, please see below.
Investment in You
Our Graduate Program offers You the opportunity to:
- enjoy a diverse range of experiences building on your learning, enhancing your technical knowledge and your personal development;
- a rotation program across our practice groups where You have the opportunity to participate and contribute to group activities, with direct access to both Partners and team members;
- a mentor to guide You through the program;
- a buddy to offer advice and guidance on daily aspects of working life;
- participation in the firm’s ‘Giving-Back’ program including pro-bono services, volunteer schemes and contribution to charity events – all in support of our clients and the community;
- access to our innovative learning programs to broaden your legal and personal development;
- access to a flexible learning environment, combining both virtual and face-to-face activities; and
- people wellness programs offering You access to relevant information, EAP services, firm sponsored sporting teams and social events.
We are looking for candidates who:
- are passionate to develop and reach their potential;
- have a thirst to work in a fast-paced and diverse work environment;
- are service driven, looking for continuous improvement opportunities; and
- will bring energy and innovation into the role and into the firm.
To transition into our team, you will have completed your LLB (or equivalent); and be eligible to hold a current NSW Practising Certificate.
Hear from our Graduates
||"My experience with the Hicksons Graduate Program has been incredibly positive. I've had the opportunity to explore a diverse range of practice areas and have worked on interesting matters with knowledgeable and experienced solicitors across the firm."
- Talia Srage, 2021 Graduate
||"Hicksons provides the perfect environment to learn and has a strong focus on career progression, the mentoring is fantastic and the work is diverse and challenging. It is a great place to work!"
- Madison Walsh, 2022 Graduate
To be eligible for the Graduate Program, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or have the right to work in a full-time role in Australia.
Applicants must have completed their LLB (or equivalent) and be eligible to hold a current NSW Practising Certificate with less than 12 months post admission legal work experience.
All applications should include a cover letter as well as details of your work experience, extra-curricular activities, interests, and academic results.
For more information on our Graduate Program, please contact the People & Culture team at [email protected]
- Applications open – Wednesday, 27 September 2023
- Applications close – Sunday, 15 October 2023 (5:00pm)
- 2024 Graduate Program commences – Monday, 4 March 2024
Are you ready to unearth your potential?