Unearth Your Potential @ Hicksons
Be Curious. Be Empowered. Be Inspired.
We recognise that diverse, innovative thinking builds on our business, strengthens our client serviceability and increases our people engagement.
We are committed to creating the next generation of leaders that are curious, empowered and inspired to reach their potential and flourish in their roles.
Our Graduate Program provides a collaborative, energetic and supportive environment where you can grow, develop and succeed. We will work with you to align the program to your career ambitions and interests, and support your progression pathway at Hicksons.
Our Graduate Program commences in February and runs over a 12-month period, where each Graduate will undertake a rotation across different practice groups in our Sydney and Newcastle offices.
In our Sydney office, we offer a rotation through three of our practice groups, including Commercial Dispute Resolution, Corporate & Commercial, General Insurance, Medical Negligence, Property and Construction, and Workers Compensation.
For our Newcastle Graduates, you will rotate through our three practice groups, including Commercial Dispute Resolution, Workers Compensation, and Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety.
We support flexibility and want to give you the best experience, with opportunities to rotate through both of our locations.
Investment in You
Our Graduate Program offers You the opportunity to:
- enjoy a diverse range of experiences building on your learning, enhancing your technical knowledge and your personal development;
- a rotation program across our practice groups where You have the opportunity to participate and contribute to group activities, with direct access to both Partners and team members;
- a mentor to guide You through the program;
- a buddy to offer advice and guidance on daily aspects of working life;
- participation in the firm’s ‘Giving-Back’ program including pro-bono services, volunteer schemes and contribution to charity events – all in support of our clients and the community;
- access to our innovative learning programs to broaden your legal and personal development;
- access to a flexible learning environment, combining both virtual and face-to-face activities; and
- people wellness programs offering You access to relevant information, EAP services, firm sponsored sporting teams and social events.
We are looking for candidates who:
- are passionate to develop and reach their potential;
- have a thirst to work in a fast-paced and diverse work environment;
- are service driven, looking for continuous improvement opportunities; and
- will bring energy and innovation into the role and into the firm.
To transition into our team, you will have completed your LLB (or equivalent); and be eligible to hold a current NSW Practising Certificate.
Hear from our Graduates
"My experience with the Hicksons Graduate Program has been incredibly positive. I have had the opportunity to explore a diverse range of practice areas and have worked on interesting matters with knowledgeable and experienced solicitors across the Firm. Being able to attend court and client conferences have also been beneficial, enabling me to broaden my experience and develop a detailed understanding of each matter I have been involved with."
- Talia Srage, Graduate
"Hicksons is a firm that really cares about your interests and growth. When I expressed interest in going on secondment, Hicksons made every effort to ensure that I could pursue my interest by being flexible with the timing of my rotation."
- Daphne Zhou, Graduate
"A common theme across all rotations has been the extremely high level of access to partners and senior practitioners, which enhances not only the ability to learn during the rotations, but also increases the level of comfort and reduces any undue stress that might otherwise occur."
"The culture is hard to beat. The flexibility of working arrangements, whether that be time or place truly takes the stress off simple life events that clash with work like getting to the doctor or mechanic. Best of all, everyone I have met at the firm are truly friendly."
- Jack Meek, Graduate
To be eligible for the Graduate Program, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or have the right to work in a full-time role in Australia.
Applicants must have completed their LLB (or equivalent) and be eligible to hold a current NSW Practising Certificate with less than 12 months post admission legal work experience.
All applications should include a cover letter as well as details of your work experience, extra-curricular activities, interests, and academic results.
For more information on our Graduate Program, please contact the People & Culture team at [email protected]
- Applications open – Tuesday, 23 November 2021
- Applications close – Wednesday, 15 December 2021 (5:00pm)
- 2022 Graduate Program commences – Monday, 14 February 2022
Applications Now Open
Applications for our 2022 Graduate Program
are now open!
Please apply below.
Are you ready to unearth your potential?