We seek people who share our business values.
Our values steer our business and people strategies underpinning our ability to attract, engage and retain a high performing workforce. We provide a healthy culture of collaboration, innovation and opportunity.
Our recruitment process has been designed to ensure we connect with talented individuals who share our energy, passion and spirit. From connection to conclusion your experience with us will be professional and respectful. We are committed to an engaging candidate experience keeping your informed throughout the process.
Your feedback on your experience with us is welcome.
If you would like to bring your forward thinking and energy to the team, we would be pleased to hear from You.
Why choose Hicksons?
You will have the opportunity to work with talented teams in an innovative, collaborative work environment. Our learning programs are designed to assist you with your personal and professional development, supported by in-house mentoring. As an agile firm, we offer work-life-balance with flexible working arrangements and initiatives in support of your well-being.
Helpdesk Specialist (Level 1/2), IT - Sydney
Reporting to the Head of IT and Communications, you will be responsible for providing quality 1st/2nd line support to all internal users, ensuring staff can access and use networked services by supporting the overall IT function in an efforts to minimise down-time. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the Server and Desktop operating systems in a Wintel environment along with any general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter to work in a team environment which exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities. You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, and the ability to demonstrate initiative and willingness to assist where required.
Infrastructure Technician, IT - Sydney
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Infrastructure Technician is a key member of the IT team and is responsible for supporting the business, delivering new solutions and assisting with a digital transformation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the firms’ helpdesk support to see IT issues through to completion
- Develop documentation and manuals in line with the current IT strategy, maintain IT databases and knowledge banks as required
- Work on new initiatives as direct by the Head of IT to support the overall strategy
- Identify and troubleshot system problems from 1st through to 3rd line
- Install software following documented procedures while adhering to the Change Management process
- Support the management of all Hicksons IT Infrastructure
- Additional tasks as required
This is a great opportunity for someone with at least five years’ experience in a similar role, with experience in legal or professional services desirable.
Precedents Technician (18 month contract), IT - Sydney
We are a team of committed, energetic and creative professionals, who promote a healthy, collaborative culture, supporting diversity and inclusion. We are looking for a Precedents Technician to work closely with the Workflow and Automation Lead to implement a review of firm precedents and deploy a new document automation tool.
Reporting to the Head of IT, you will be responsible for:
- Edit and reformat current firm precedents to reflect changes in court procedures and legislation, ensuring compliance
- Create and maintain new precedents, managing whole firm precedent development
- Audit firm precedents and usage
- Promote the use of approved precedents
- Work to increase firm knowledge of precedent database
- Work closely with the Workflow and Automation Lead to develop and implement a new document automation tool
- Additional tasks as required
This is a great opportunity for someone with advanced word processing skills and experience in the legal industry. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, and the ability to demonstrate initiative and willingness to assist where required.
Solicitor (2-3 years’ PAE), Corporate Commercial - Sydney
We are seeking to appoint a Corporate Commercial Lawyer with 2+ years’ experience.
You will be exposed to a range of general commercial and corporate work including IT, procurement and privacy. You will be expected to draft well (not using precedents) and be able to assist Partners and Senior Lawyers in negotiating and structuring deals.
The ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- Drafting IT agreements (such as licensing, hardware acquisition, outsourcing) for corporate and government clients
- Negotiating IT agreements with suppliers and those procuring services
- A high level of mathematical skills to be able to help structure complex deals
- Advising on procurement processes for corporate and government clients
- Plain English drafting
The successful applicant will be a self-starter, able to work in a team environment and focus on our client's needs. You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational, and the ability to demonstrate initiative and willingness to assist where required.
Solicitor (2-3 years), General Insurance,Trade & Transport - Sydney
We are seeking to appoint a General Insurance Lawyer with 2-3 years’ experience who has some experience with Trade & Transport matters. You will be exposed to a range of litigated claims as well as international shipping, transport, logistics and trade law, including disputes, transactions and regulation.
The ideal candidate will have a sound academic record together with the following experience:
- A strong commercial litigation background
- Ability to provide clear advice on legal rights and obligations of parties in a diverse range of complex factual scenarios
- Maritime Law experience would be beneficial
- Experience in attending Court and in particular the Federal Court of Australia
- Enthusiastic professional looking to progress their career
- It is important to us that our lawyers are able to focus on clients’ needs, have strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-motivated and have well developed analytical and commercial skills.
It is important to us that our lawyers are able to focus on clients’ needs, have strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-motivated and have well developed analytical and commercial skills.