Hicksons’ team of lawyers provides advice and representation in professional conduct and related disciplinary matters.
- advising regulatory authorities on proposed disciplinary proceedings, including provision of natural justice, privacy and prospects of success;
- drafting pleadings and supporting affidavits for commencement of disciplinary proceedings;
- interviewing witnesses and drafting affidavits or statements in support of disciplinary proceedings;
- representing regulatory authorities in disciplinary proceedings and appeals, including appearing before courts and tribunals and briefing barristers as appropriate; and
- enforcing orders made in disciplinary proceedings including pursuing recoveries under costs orders.
We also advise
and represent respondents
to disciplinary proceedings in circumstances where the prosecuting regulatory authority is not a client of Hicksons, including disciplinary proceedings
against solicitors, accountants, insolvency practitioners and medical practitioners.