Rebecca is a Property Partner with extensive experience acting for developers, property trusts and clients in the financial services industry.
Rebecca has a broad range of experience within property law including projects and development, acquisitions and disposals, due diligence, contract negotiations, leasing and easements.
Rebecca has technical understanding and experience in carrying out complex acquisitions, disposals and developments and is skilled at providing tailored advice to her client's strategic objectives.
Rebecca regularly drafts and negotiates contracts for sale (including ‘off the plan’ contracts), leases, strata by-laws, easements and other dealings.
- Commercial land acquisitions and disposals – Advising on numerous commercial acquisitions and disposals including the acquisition of a NSW business park with a value of A$65 million, a QLD shopping centre with a value of A$23 million, a NSW warehouse and associated commercial offices with a value of A$42 million and the disposal of various sites located near Sydney Airport by put and call option agreements.
- Development projects – Advising on all aspects of a number of large and mid-size mixed use and residential developments, including site acquisition, complex titling and subdivision issues, preparation of contract and title documentation, and the efficient and timely exchange and completion of sales ‘off the plan’.
- Distressed asset disposal – Advising on the disposal of a large number of distressed assets across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria for various receivers and managers. The assets included commercial and industrial premises, partially constructed residential developments, farms and water entitlements.
- Leasing – Managing all leasing for a mixed use building in North Sydney and for various shopping centres. Acting for a listed global healthcare company in relation to the sale and long-term leaseback on a triple-net basis of two Australian laboratory properties. Acting on a major lease of 7 floors of commercial as well as retail space in the city of Sydney.
- Project Delivery Agreement – Drafting and negotiating documentation and providing strategic advice to Penrith City Council on its city-transformational, 12 to 18 year development project with Frasers in the centre of Penrith.
- Easements and other titling issues – Drafting and co-ordination of complex arrangements to create and remove easements and various other rights across multiple parcels of land. Acting on the resolution of various complex titling issues.