At Hicksons we have specialist lawyers with expertise in all aspects of property, planning and infrastructure, supported by associates across our legal units to offer a comprehensive, energetic and creative approach to projects large and small.
Property, planning and infrastructure laws are complex and constantly changing in Australia and acting with certainty and speed is critical.
We act for principals, Australian and foreign owners and developers, all levels of government, contractors, facilities managers, consultants and other industry participants such as architects and engineers.
Hicksons is able to help identify legal obligations for development and infrastructure projects in a practical, common sense way, helping to create sustainable value for our clients.
We have particular expertise in working with government departments and are often involved in the preparation of tender and expression of interest documentation and tender management.
Property, Planning & Development
Hicksons experienced team can offer advice across the property, planning and development sector including:
- acquisitions and sales;
- contract preparation, review, administration, risk management and project planning;
- tenders and project documentation;
- commercial and residential conveyancing;
- due diligence, advising on approvals and agreements and assessing development entitlements;
- statutory compliance;
- advising on various environmental matters including contaminated land, heritage, threatened species, water obligations, vegetation clearing and environmental impact assessments;
- joint ventures;
- community titles;
- land management agreements; and
- land division.