A dynamic, practical and commercial lawyer of note, John's efficient and fast turnaround, together with his pragmatic plain English advice, has resulted in a very supportive and loyal client base.
John is particularly well known for his calm manner when solving very challenging issues in his areas of expertise, including:
- public and private health sector issues;
- advising charities and not-for-profits;
- corporate governance and structuring;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- procurement and tender preparations and submissions;
- privacy and access to government information;
- franchising law issues; and
- helping to resolve contractual disputes.
John assists clients with both practical business support, such as setting up and structuring issues affecting their day-to-day operations, as well as technical issues such as drafting and reviewing contracts, compliance issues and regulatory requirements to operate their businesses.
John also has significant experience supporting Australian companies doing business overseas (especially in China) and foreign companies investing in Australia
. He advises foreign companies (including foreign government investors) on setting up a business in Australia including any requirement for foreign investment approval.
- Best Lawyers 2019 for Health & Aged Care Law
- 10th edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia for Health & Aged Care Law