Hicksons property team has extensive experience working closely with clients on property and real estate projects across Australia.
Our clients include private, domestic and international developers / investors, financial institutions, landlords, tenants, owners’ corporations, retirement village operators, contractors , high-net-worth individuals, corporations, government and government agencies.
Our property team identifies and deals with likely issues early and works out practical ways to achieve the outcomes clients require.
We’re committed to our clients’ success and are honest with clients about what will and will not work.
Our understanding of commercial objectives and quick grasp of the associated legal and commercial issues comes from the depth of knowledge and the practical experience of a strong team of partners, consultants and senior lawyers, some with more than 30 years’ experience.
We have recognised expertise in the preparation of tender and expression of interest documentation, particularly in working with governments and government agencies.
We are able to allocate native Mandarin and Cantonese-speaking solicitors and support staff to meet clients’ needs.
Our skill and knowledge base covers all aspects of property transactions - from inception to completion of a project and covers:
- sales of industrial, commercial and residential properties including selling off the plan apartments within large scale developments and shopping centres;
- acquisitions of commercial, industrial and residential properties and shopping centres;
- leasing of commercial, retail and industrial properties;
- property development;
- property due diligence;
- acquisition and disposal of businesses;
- local government and town planning issues;
- environmental, contamination and heritage issues;
- facilities management agreements; and
- documentation of financial transactions.