Hicksons provides quality advice and representation in lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) and title insurance matters.
Our work includes:
- Drafting and reviewing of LMI and title insurance policies;
- Advising on the operation and interpretation of LMI and title insurance policies;
- Advising and representing clients in disputes arising under LMI and title insurance policies;
- Investigating fraudulent borrowing schemes;
- Pursuing recovery from valuers and other third party suppliers on the basis of negligence, contract or statutory liability;
- Advising on and pursue damages and contribution claims against mortgage originators and mortgage brokers;
- Enforcing subrogated rights;
- Advising and assist LMI insurers and title insurers on compliance and regulatory obligations;
- Advising and assist regarding dealings with APRA;
- Helping clients develop risk management strategies;
- Training client staff on legal issues and processes relevant to their business.
We create sustainable value for our clients through strategic structuring and policy drafting and our vast experience in the industry. By always considering the commercial objectives of our clients, we have earned a reputation for delivering responsive and cost-effective service. For example, in dispute matters, we pursue alternative dispute resolution options where appropriate, and use mediation as an effective tool to resolve disputes including complex, multi-party matters in order to minimise the costs for our clients