Hicksons’ lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) team has earned a reputation for delivering responsive and cost-effective service by always considering our clients’ commercial objectives.
Those clients benefit from our long involvement (since 1986) and vast experience (including having drafted three leading industry master policies) in the lenders mortgage insurance industry.
We provide assistance, advice and representation in LMI matters, including:
- drafting and reviewing of LMI and credit insurance policies, advising on operation and interpretation of policies and advising and representing clients in disputes;
- investigating fraudulent borrowing schemes, pursuing recovery from valuers and other third party suppliers on the basis of negligence, contract or statutory liability and tracing fraudulently obtained loan monies through bank accounts and other financial and investment vehicles;
- enforcing subrogated rights;
- advising on and assisting lenders mortgage insurers on compliance and regulatory obligations and assisting with dealings with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority; and
- helping clients develop risk management strategies and training client staff on legal issues and processes relevant to their business.
Sustainable value for our clients is created our through strategic structuring and policy drafting and our vast knowledge of the industry. In dispute matters, we pursue alternative dispute resolution options where appropriate, and use mediation as an effective tool to resolve disputes including complex, multi-party matters in order to minimise cost for our clients.