He has extensive experience conducting legal disciplinary, both in the Supreme Court and in the occupational division of the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Rod also has specialist expertise in lenders mortgage insurance and title insurance, including drafting and advising on the interpretation of insurance policies in these areas and acting in disputes arising under such insurance policies.
Rod also supervises the team which acts for lenders in mortgage recovery matters, including issuing statutory notices, recovering possession of property, discharging mortgages and managing mortgagee sales.
His experience extends to helping clients in:
- external dispute resolution;
- recoveries from valuers and other third party suppliers on the basis of negligence, contractual or statutory liability and enforcing subrogated rights;
- defended mortgage recovery actions;
- responding to claims under the Contracts Review Act, National Consumer Credit Code, Australian Consumer Law and the ASIC Act;
- responding to allegations of unconscionable conduct; and
- investigating schemes involving fraudulent borrowing.
A Harvard-trained negotiator, Rod has degrees in law and commerce. He began with Hicksons in 1986 and is admitted to practice in NSW, Victoria and the High Court of Australia.