Admitted to practice in NSW and in England and Wales, Emma has extensive experience as a litigator.
Commercially focussed, Emma provides practical advice to a wide range of clients, including government departments, insurers, health professionals and hospitals, educational institutions, religious organisations, sports bodies and commercial clients. Emma has successfully litigated matters in jurisdictions across Australia.
Emma has an extensive knowledge in the education and insurance sectors, with a current focus on health liability and medical negligence claims. Emma’s experience includes:
- General liability and public liability claims;
- Complex and catastrophic claims;
- Medical negligence;
- Sports injury and liability;
- Psychiatric injury;
- Sensitive claims including bullying/harassment, abuse and nervous shock;
- Insurance litigation;
- Indemnity and Policy advice;
- Property damage;
- Third party recovery;
- Commercial contracts and contractual indemnities.
Emma holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours).